Florida Spinal Cord Injuries Attorney
Spinal cord trauma usually begins when an individual suffers a severe and sudden blow to the spine that dislocates or fractures their vertebrae or impacts the nerves at the end of their spinal canal. Those individuals who suffer a spinal cord injury can end up dealing with catastrophic consequences, including paralysis and even death. That is why if you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to another person’s wrongful actions, it is vital to understand your legal options and the remedies you can pursue.
The Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Although various accidents can lead to a person suffering from a spinal cord injury, there are certain accidents that tend to cause these devastating injuries more frequently than others. They include:
- Violent acts
- Sporting accidents
- Falls from substantial heights
- Defective products
- Machinery failure
- Construction or other worksite accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents, trucking collisions, and motorcycle crashes
The Monetary Damages You Can Pursue Following a Spinal Cord Injury Accident
Depending on the circumstances of your spinal cord injury accident, you may be entitled to several different types of financial damages, including economic damages, which refer to tangible losses that can result after an accident, and non-economic damages, which are hard-to-quantify losses that develop following an accident. These losses include things such as:
- Past and current medical expenses
- Lost income and earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- Replacement services
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages (if they apply based on the state’s statute)
How Can an Experienced Spinal Cord Injury Accident Attorney Help You Fight for the Justice You Deserve?
If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury because of another person’s reckless, negligent, or intentional actions, you should not have to deal with all the devastating consequences of this accident on your own. Thankfully, with a skilled spinal cord injury accident lawyer handling your case, you can have experienced legal professionals fighting on your behalf and going after the financial recovery you deserve.
In fact, once retained, these lawyers can:
- Determine if you have a viable legal claim and go over the legal options you can pursue.
- Perform an in-depth investigation into the accident and obtain evidence to help show what happened.
- Hire experts to help validate your legal claim.
- Handle the negotiation process and go after a just settlement offer.
- Make sure that legal motions and files are prepared and submitted before time runs out according to the statute of limitations.
- Prepare your case for trial, if needed, and go after the maximum financial damages you are entitled to.
Contact Weber Law Firm Today and Schedule Your Free Case Evaluation
Do not wait any longer to go over your spinal cord injury legal claim. Instead, contact the Weber Law Firm today for a free case evaluation, and find out how Attorney Lauren N. Weber can help you fight for your rights and go after the justice you deserve.