Ridesharing services, such as Lyft, have revolutionized the way we travel. With just a click of a button, we can easily book a ride to take us wherever we need to go without the hassle of owning a personal vehicle. However, despite the convenience these services offer, it is important to note that these vehicles are not immune to accidents. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a New Port Richey Lyft accident, reach out to an experienced New Port Richey Lyft accident attorney today.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents in New Port Richey
Although Lyft accidents can occur for several reasons, in New Port Richey, these crashes often result from the following:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Drivers looking for passengers in unfamiliar areas
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Reckless driving and speeding
- Disregarding traffic laws
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, figuring out what happened and who was at fault for the crash can be challenging. That is why, following this type of accident, consider reaching out to a skilled New Port Richey Lyft accident attorney to determine if you have a viable case and review your legal options.
Injuries That Can Develop Following a New Port Richey Lyft Accident
When it comes to Lyft accidents, these crashes can lead to significant trauma, debilitating pain, and extensive medical treatments that can substantially impact the whole family. However, while the injuries will depend on the specifics of the accident, in general, the more common types of injuries following a Lyft accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Soft Tissue Injuries
Taking Action Following a New Port Richey Lyft Accident
Following a New Port Richey Lyft accident, it is critical to take action. Not only to ensure you can get the medical help you need but also to protect your legal rights. That is why if you find yourself in a New Port Richey Lyft accident, consider taking the following steps:
- Contact the police and obtain a copy of the police report once the officers investigate the crash.
- Document the scene by taking pictures of the area, traffic signs and signals nearby, the vehicle damage, and any other photos that can help show what happened.
- Get driver information from everyone involved, including license plate numbers, phone numbers, names, and insurance information.
- Get checked over by a medical care professional, even if you believe your injuries are minor.
- Contact an experienced New Port Richey Lyft accident attorney.
It is also important to note that if your injuries prevent you from taking these steps, do not stress that you missed something. Once you retain a legal professional, these attorneys can investigate the accident on your behalf and gather the evidence needed to help validate your claim.
Contact the Weber Law Firm Today
If you have questions following a New Port Richey Lyft accident or want to know more about your legal options, contact the Weber Law Firm today. Our legal team can review your case for free and determine how we can help you fight for the financial damages you are entitled to.